Local Missions — Three Major Emphases at Gateway
Gateway has developed three major strategies to help us reach out to help those in our community:
- Benevolence—Meeting real needs of people in our community by assisting with rent, utilities, gas vouchers, lodging, travel, etc.
- Community Meals—Gateway is part of a larger organization of churches in North Kitsap known as FaithliNK. FaithliNK's goal is to have a hot meal served every night of the month somewhere in North Kitsap. On the first Friday of every month at 6 PM, we provide a monthly meal for any who need it; and then a lunch is served on the second, third, and fourth Saturdays, 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM, to help people make their food dollars stretch a bit further.
To find out how YOU can be involved in our Meals Ministry, click here.
- Operation Day of Hope
Held two-four times per year, this one-day event offers numerous FREE services for any who need them. Some services provided include:
- Spa with haircuts, nails, massages, etc.
- Legal & Financial Counseling
- Limited Dental & Medical assistance
- Family photos
- Kid zone with games, face painting, etc.
- Resource area for assistance with housing, jobs, mental health. etc.
- Backpacks for 100 foster kids
- Hygiene bags & a bag of food to take home
In addition, we're also:
- Planning our annual Royal Family Kids' Camp for foster kids
- Helping Fishline with their food drive collections; and Thanksgiving and Christmas food box giveaways
To find out more about how you can be involved, please contact DAVE FISCHER.