Global Missions at Gateway
We realize that we cannot do everything that needs to be done in the world,
so we've chosen to focus our efforts on three ethno-linguistic groups that have:
- No viably reproducible indigenous church
- Little or no access to the Good News about Jesus
- No complete Bible in their language
We are partnering with others as we focus on helping three "Unreached People Groups" (UPGs):
Our goal is to see a viable indigenous church raised up in each of these three UPGs. To accomplish that, we have:
- Helped train rural Indian pastors in the use of oral Bible stories to share the Good News in areas where literacy rates
are low and there is no Bible translation done.
- Partnered with an African church to build a wall around a Wolof community school to both bless them and to
build bridges of trust so that the Good News can be received openly.
- Hosted students from Spain in our homes for three to four weeks in the summer to let them see how followers
of Jesus live. Many come from atheist homes and are shocked by the love and closeness of our families.
Supporting Missionaries at Gateway
- Designate “Missions” in the memo section of your check or online
- Only designated gifts will go toward missionary support
- No general fund money goes toward missions
Join a UPG (Unreached People Group) Prayer Team
- Pray with the team from the comfort of your home via the internet
- Contact one of our UPG champions for more information on their needs
- Click here to see the current list of prayer requests.
For information on how you can join in either supporting our missions endeavors
with your financial resources or joining a short-term missions team, contact Dave Fischer.